Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week Forty-Nine: Hipster - Al Bruno

To me, this guy is the quintessential hipster; we see him 'round the neighborhood at cool coffee shops, he has a beard, wears retro t-shirts (some authentic), has thick red glasses, and always wears short-shorts. I don't know his name, but he's definitely in the Al Bruno cast of characters. I'm sure he's a nice guy, too, because he always seems to be smiling.

The style is reminiscent of my Jerk submission (down to the background color), but instead of the pristine cut edges, I wanted to try my hand at the torn paper effect. It's all Photoshop, and I decided to go really kiddie with it with the crayon limbs and facial details and the galactic background. After all, hipsters are just kids at heart. Aww.

Photosherp.

1 comment: