Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Week Forty-Seven: Santa Claus - Al Bruno

A few days before we selected this topic, I was thinking about what Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus were like when they were younger, if they ever were younger to begin with, and all the other specifics. Did they marry old? Did Santa decide to settle down when he realized his life was missing something? Maybe they had known each other for some time, were sweethearts from a young age. There were a bunch of options here, so I had to settle on one.

So this is what I decided on, The Engagement of Mary Christmas to Kris Kringle, an observation of the two well into adulthood but before their familiar old age. And how else would Santa propose but ice skating at the North Pole? I wanted to call back to those old 1950's greeting cards, so I dressed the couple appropriately, although Santa seemed to be a sophisticated quasi-beatnik. In any case, Kris did a good job on this date as Mary apparently didn't see it coming.

5 comments:

Tony Trov said...

Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad.

JOHNNY ZITO said...

The penguins are an excellent touch. I really like the reflection effect too.

I'm gonna steal that trick next time the opportunity presents itself.

Mello! said...

I really like the 1940's garb.

melloooo said...

i meant to say 1940's

MELLO. said...

DAMN IT. 1950s