Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week Thirty-Five: Germs - Al Bruno

"Ay! You come-ah eat at-ah my restaurant! Ah?!" There he is, Sal Monella outside his little (microscopic) place trying to lure the patrons in with the sweet smells of veal parmesan, calamari, and bacterial infections. A very interesting story surrounds Sal's discovery, particularly that Daniel Salmon was a bit of a studious jerk.

I tried to make Sal sloppy without him being completely disgusting. I had a great time drawing him, particularly his big, hairy forearms; that's always fun. Not to mention mustaches and bushy eyebrows. Ciao!

Pencil and ink on paper. Color and text in Photoshop.

4 comments:

Mello said...

He reminds me of the mucinex commercial!

Oh Al Bruno, be still my heart

Tony Trov said...

I think I'm related to this guy...

Al said...

He does look like the Mucinex guy! I hear he changed his name from Mucinello when he came from the old country.

ertandberni said...

Hey! Those are totally Ninja Turtle hands!