Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week Twenty-Nine: Jerks - Al Bruno

This week, I decided to go with a (typically) benevolent jerk - the soda jerk. I had wanted to use a different medium this week, and after perusing my art supplies, I thought construction paper would be really fun to do cut-outs with. But the days passed, and I realized tonight that two hours would not be enough to actually cut these shapes out.

Anyhow, I had the image in my head, did a rough sketch in work, and just decided it best to compose shapes digitally and add the paper texture and drop shadows to create the illusion ("Michael...") of a construction paper cut-out. I really would have loved to add the jock-jerk being waited on, but I unfortunately didn't have the time.

Say what? Photoshop!

4 comments:

Mello said...

Oh al bruno, I love you.

joe bruno said...

Why were they called when they served ice cream anyway? Irregardless, very nice picture, brother. It kind of looks like one of those images they use on Conan when coming back from a commercial break.

JOHNNY ZITO said...

Looks very Nickelodeon. I like.

Melissa Impo said...

Love this Al ... very construction paper like ...