Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Week Twenty-Eight: Feud - Al Bruno

I decided to depict two fantastic cartoon characters from my childhood, Dexter and Dee Dee of Dexter's Laboratory fame. Here, Genndy Tartakovsky's creations are fighting over a year-long supply of nourishment in pill form. I'd like to think that the image represents Feud in both the relationship of these siblings and the manner in which the boy-genius pronounces the word "food" ("fyood").

I made this by referencing two separate images of the characters and doing a line-by-line drawing of each in Flash. The background was completed in Photoshop with a lens blur and raster effect.

3 comments:

Joe Bruno said...

To sum this picture up in a word: Rockin'. Four words: This thing is rockin'. Always loved this show, and it was a nice surprise to see it done here, and done so well. Nice one, Alster.

JOHNNY ZITO said...

I know it's just the background but it looks spectacular.

Melissa Impo said...

Lovin this hardcore ... I absolutely loved this show and my brother used to tell me that it was me and him cause he thought he was brilliant but its actually the other way around cause hes constantly breaking my shit ...