Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week Thirty: Summer - Al Bruno

Oh man, was Intro to Al Bruno boring. Everyone has to take it around their sophomore or junior year of high school, and no one, no one that I know has ever enjoyed it. The text book had these terrible illustrations and field pictures, and the last edition was published in 1974.

Anyhow, the Summer topic had me thinking of one of the more banal sections of the book that had to deal with this buffoon of a creature and his dislike of summer. Turns out the publisher puts the whole textbook online in PDF format, so here's page 273 complete with illustration. Brings back some memories.

Flash.

2 comments:

JOHNNY ZITO said...

Brings back awful memories of dissecting an Al Bruno in biology class.

Melissa Impo said...

I think I still have this text book in my basement collecting dust ...