Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week Thirty-One: Deadline (30 Minutes)

Listen you lollygaggers, quit the horsing around. You have a Deadline to meet. That's right, peon, time to put your nose to the grindstone and churn out those quality submissions you so often do. Oh, and there's a catch. This week, we'd like you to spend no more than 30 minutes on the entries. Deadline!

Here we have Lord Vader, a man-bot who was under one of the most pressing deadlines in the universe; the completion of the second Death Star. Listen, those union guys are on the clock, and Palpatine is footing the bill. How'd you like a Senator come Sith Lord breathing down your neck? This sketch is done by the uber talented Eric Canete, pumping out comic pulp like it's a TPS report.

Oh, and we're going to need you to go ahead and have your post in on Tuesday, too.

2 comments:

ckh said...

This whole deadline thing is very unclear to me. Does the image have to be related to the topic "Deadline," or does it just have to be done within the deadline? And even the time limit part is ambiguous: When does the 30 minutes start? When I start thinking about what I'll draw? Or is it when the pen hits the paper? What if I change my mind halfway through? Can I start over? What if I change time zones while I'm drawing? What about daylight savings time?!?!

Al said...

The topic is "Deadline" (in the same way we had "Summer" and "Boxer," etc.) and you have 30 minutes from when you begin drawing to when you finish drawing.

I thought you went to Penn.