Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week Twenty: Boxing - PJ

From PJ:
This week I crushed the competition. Everyone looking at this is experiencing real art skill. No computer drawn images, no cropping, no altering old images. This is just pure, ruthless talent. Try as my opponents might, they were crushed. There was a struggle; body blows and hay-makers were landed. Then there was the 10 count and everyone that tried to stand against me woke up in a hospital bed. All seriousness though, I hope everyone enjoys picture.

This was a postcard of Thomas Eakins' painting "Between Rounds" which was glued to illustration board. I use acrylic paints to extend the picture. This was an art project for my Graphic Design class. Took about a total of 18 hours to complete.

-PJ

7 comments:

mello said...

I really enjoy looking at your expansion and what you feel the rest of the room would look like.
Love your picture of jesus

Tony Trov said...

"no altering old images" But that's exactly what you did.

Anonymous said...

put not with a computer program. now go crop something.

Tony Trov said...

You type like how Tarzan talks.

Anonymous said...

did u type that urself or did u copy and paste it from websites?

Tony Trov said...

Well, I don't want to see you "add on" to a picture of a dinosaur, squid and whale...

Melissa Impo said...

This looks awesome ... dont know why you dont submit more often ...