Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Week Three: Childhood - Al Bruno

I was always into Legos and K'nex, never had too much of an imagination. So I decided that this one should be for all those imaginative, rambunctious, elastic kids who adorned a cape and played in the refrigerator box.

The character's face is almost completely borrowed from a Utahan illustrator named S.T. Lewis. He creates some of the most colorful and expressive characters around, the guy makes cartooning look easy (which it is absolutely not). And of course, this week begged for some literal, polychromatic color, which was a nice change of pace.

Textures from photograph, scans, and Painter; edited in Paintshop; Billy in Flash.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

I have the same shirt...

Melissa said...

Haha I was just gonna say that the flag should say Anthony because he has that shirt but he beat me to it ...

JOHNNY ZITO said...

The textures are awesome! Great idea.